2021 CISE will be a Virtual Exabition
Welcome to the Central Interior Science Exhibition New web site!
The Central Interior Science Exhibitionis combining with several BC Regions in 2021 to host a Virtual Science Fair, supported by the Science Fair Foundation BC.
- Registrationis now open, as of January 15, for students in Grades 4 to 12.
- It will close on March 5.
- Cost of registration is $15 per person. No more than two people can carry out a project. People may also register as a solo project.
- Projects will be uploaded by participants starting Feb. 1, 2021.
- Judging will take place by phone or Zoom, etc. between April 6 to 11.
- Five students in grades 7 to 12 in the Central Interior will be chosen to compete in the Canada Wide Science Fair in May.
The Canada Wide Fair will be hosted from Ottawa, and will be a virtual fair this year. At the Yukon/BC Combined Virtual Science Fair, students from School District 28, 91, and 57, and the independent schools and homeschoolers in those districts will be eligible for provincial awards and for local awards provided by sponsors of the Central Interior Science Exhibition.
Registration is NOW OPEN for the 2021 BC/Yukon Virtual Science Fair! We are so glad to be part of this project with (Twitter: @sciencefairsbc Facebook/Instagram @sciencefairs) and our BC regional colleagues! Find all the details here: https://www.sciencefairs.ca/2021vsf/#howtoregister
There will be a vital National Science Fair and the top 5 students from our fair will be invited to attained in May.
A verbal award ceremony will occur on April 14th. 2021. Awards will be sent to your school after the Ceremony.
We are looking for adults to join our Commity as we have a very small group and have several key positions vacant or soon to be vacant. Please contact us if you are interested.
Remember: "DO NO HARM"
All students who are using animals or people in their project even if it's to fill out a survey MUST fill in the appropriate form (in the form Section) and submit it to the Ethics Committee before doing their project. All forms should be submitted before January 30.
(please see Rules and Regulations page or the YSF Ethics page for more information)